The VISX STAR S4 is an excimer laser used in eye surgeries and VISX has been a pioneer in the development of laser systems. Its dependability is unquestionable in the market in terms of performance and standards.
- It is the most advanced laser technology in use today to deliver custom fit and precision- oriented ablations.
- The STAR S4 laser is FDA approved to treat myopia, hyperopia and astigmatism.
- It has a sophisticated and state of the art eye tracking system that can capture three dimensional images of the eye’s intra-operative movements and there is no need of dilation of the pupils.
- It also has features like variable spot scanning, which means beams of variable sizes can be used over the eye treatment zone, thereby conserving maximum corneal tissue.
- The variable repetition rate of the laser optimizes treatment time.
- The greatest advantage of the VISX STAR S4 laser is that it produces the smoothest surface on the cornea after the procedure. This in fact aids in faster healing and sharper vision.
- It accurately places each pulse of the laser on the correct verified position.
- It makes optimal ablation shape possible to suit an individual eye and then orient and position this to the patient’s corneal surface.
- It also eliminates the need for repeating surgical procedures for refractive errors post operation.
- It is the leading choice among surgeons who need to perform surgeries for correction of vision problems.
With the help of the VISX STAR S4 laser, experts are treating various vision errors and successfully eliminating the need for prescription glasses and contact lenses. With the rise in laser optimizer eye surgeries all over the globe, laser manufacturers have been scrambling in their efforts to reach the position of world market leader. Therefore, laser manufacturing has seen great advancement to meet medical demands and capture monetary gains. The VISX STAR S4 has in all respects captured the market by delivering sophisticated technology for eye surgery. In fact, it has been constantly aiming to improve and develop newer and better technological innovations to open up new avenues in the field of eye surgery.